Having to face an audit or defend yourself against tax collection agencies is something no taxpayer should have to do on their own. The deep and twisting labyrinth of tax law can offer you many opportunities to protect yourself, your property, and your financial assets—but only if you know where to look. Unfortunately, most taxpayers are not familiar with their rights, and the IRS isn’t very eager to give you the information you need to fight back.

Franskoviak Tax Solutions is here to help. Once our firm is retained, we will file a power of attorney. We can then help you gather, and organize your financial records, help you put together a proper tax defense, and protect you from paying more than necessary in penalties and interest. As your tax defense team, we will utilize our 50+ years of experience and vast knowledge of the system to protect assets, mitigate costs, and provide you with your best resolution options including payment plans, extensions, and even trying to reduce the amount you owe.

Related Information:

Protecting Assets After Assessment

IRS Tax Levies

Examination / Audit Help

Let us help you reclaim your peace of mind. Contact us and schedule your free tax defense consultation today.

Frequently Asked Questions About IRS Tax Defense (FAQ)

Should I hire a CPA or an Attorney for my tax defense?
Both CPAs and tax lawyers can help with tax planning, financial decisions, and minimizing tax penalties. In most cases CPAs have more expertise on the financial side of tax prep, while an attorney can provide legal advice in the face of adversity or possible problems.

For representation in a tax defense case, an attorney would probably be a fine option if tax defense is their specialty, otherwise a CPA specializing in tax defense would be a smarter and less costly choice.

Franskoviak Tax Solutions has over 20 years’ experience defending clients with their tax defense issues. We have a 98% success rate getting exceptional results.

If you aren’t sure whether to hire a CPA or a tax attorney, schedule a free consultation with the Franskoviak Tax Solutions Team and speak with an agent at no cost or obligation, we will review your case, and give you honest advice about your situation and who would be your best tax defense solution.

What are some situations that I might need to hire tax defense for?
If you have a tax issue, you’re not alone. Every year, millions of taxpayers face an IRS issue. The most common issues are:

  • Unfiled tax returns: The IRS reports that almost 8 million taxpayers don’t file their required tax returns every year.
  • Underreporting: The IRS sends out notices to millions of taxpayers every year. IRS systems automatically send them when income reported on tax returns doesn’t match information the IRS gets from employers and other payers.
  • IRS bills: More than 16 million taxpayers owe the IRS and can’t pay.
  • Audits: There are about 1.2 million IRS audits each year. These audits often extend well over a year to complete.
  • Penalties: The IRS charges more than 42 million penalties every year.
  • Tax identity theft: Millions of taxpayers have had their personal information stolen during the past couple years. This puts taxpayers at an increased risk of fraudulent tax return filed in their name.
Can I hire an on-line tax defense company?
There are many tax defense companies advertising on the internet but often with companies like these you become just a number and don’t get the personal attention that you would get working with a local and smaller agency.

At Franskoviak Tax Solutions our clients get the benefits of our whole tax defense team working on their case and get an assigned agent to contact with any questions or concerns at any time.

Working with a local firm you have the benefits of your tax defense team being extremely familiar with the local Michigan state  process and having a strong understanding of how these cases are managed on a local level.

What does Delinquent taxes refer to?
Delinquent tax refers to a tax that is unpaid after the payment due date. Usually a penalty is attached to a delinquent tax. The power, jurisdiction and authority to collect all delinquent taxes are vested in the IRS.


How can I resolve delinquent taxes?

Some of the ways that we help our clients resolve their delinquent taxes include, negotiating installment agreements, negotiating partial payment installments, establishing an offer in compromise agreement, Representation for “currently not collectible” cases, filing bankruptcy, release wage garnishment, innocent spouse relief and also enabling statute of limitations.


What are my options for resolving delinquent tax issues?
If you owe less than $50,000 you can apply for an installment agreement. Using the filing Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request. If you owe more than $50,000, we can help with other options, including Partial Payment Agreements, Offer in Compromise (OIC), and Filing Bankruptcy. 


Success Stories



Pin It on Pinterest